- Continuously variable pattern with a "hard" cardioid center detent
- Large 1.1" dual diaphragm external bias condenser capsule
- Gold sputtered diaphragms
- High SPL capability (143 db SPL with pad)
- Transformerless balanced output circuits
- 20 dB non-capacitive pad
- 6dB/Octave @ 100Hz high-pass filter
- Stainless steel internal pop/EMI filter
- M179—A great microphone for a large number of uses.
- The CAD Audio M179 can be used in a broad number of applications ranging from live reinforcement to the most critical studio applications
The M179 is ideal for vocals and voice overs, yet it also excels at some of the most demanding instrument projects. The M179 is great for virtually all acoustic, wind, and amplified instruments. It has been proven to be outstanding in all of these applications and more. Its uncolored sonic characteristics allow you to decide how an instrument or vocal will sound in the mix.
The pattern control knob on the M179 has a center detented cardioid position. This allows the user to quickly and consistently lock the microphone in a "hard" cardioid pattern. By turning the know clockwise from the center, the pattern varies continuously from cardioid to subcardioid through omnidirectional. By turning the knob counterclockwise from the center, the pattern varies continuously from cardioid to hypercardioid through bidirectional. This allows the user to adjust to the optimal pattern needed for almost any recording or live situation.
The CAD Audio M179 Microphone offers many features normally found in only the most expensive microphones. With the M179, you get these features at a very affordable price.