You will love the Tube Ringer! With little effort it will put a beautiful corrugated pattern on metal sheet up to 24 gauge and wire up to 20ga. The 3 rollers will handle sheet stock up to 2.5" wide and leave the metal nice and smooth. Enhance your artistic efforts with this easy to use economical tool. Made in USA.
Tips For Corrugating Ribbons of 1.8µm to 2.5µm
- Buy some tracing paper or use regular printer paper if you are having problems with the tracing paper. Tracing paper is great because you can see the ribbon through the paper. You might need to double up the tracing paper. Also, tracing paper has a low static friction coefficient so be careful when moving it around. The ribbon can slide out.
- Cut small strips of the tracing paper and fold it in half.
- Unfold the paper and place the ribbon inside the paper at the fold and make sure it is laying straight.
- Fold the paper again so the paper is on both sides of the ribbon. One edge (length not width) of the Ribbon should be at the fold.
- Place one end of the paper into the tube wringer.
- Try to make sure that the fold in the paper is perpendicular (tangent) to the gears. You want the ribbon to be as symmetrical as possible. If the ribbon is at an angle when you place it in the tube wringer you will get corrugations that are at an angle.
- Turn the handle. Done!
- Great for thin Aluminum Foil Ribbons used for Ribbon Microphones
- Great for creating beautiful patterns on sheet metal and wire
- Made in the USA
- 3 inch rollers that can handle sheet stock up to 2-1/2 inches wide
- Puts a corrugated pattern on sheet metal up to 24 gauge
- Can be used on wire up to 20 gauge