The Apex787 delivers natural tone and the stunning realism of classic vintage ribbon microphones, with the advantages of an increased overall output and more consistent frequency response when used with various mixers and microphone preamps.
The integrated active electronics of the Apex787 deliver higher output that a classic ribbon design, rivalling the levels of any side address studio condenser microphone. Unlike a dynamic ribbon mic design, the Apex787's overall tone is less affected by the variable impedance of the input channel or preamp. This innovative design makes the Apex787 the ideal solution for any critical recording where the tone of a ribbon microphone is preferred, but the reliability, output and performance of a condenser microphone is required.
The asymmetrical figure-8 pickup pattern has an extended sweet spot on the rear face of the microphone allowing the recording to accurately reproduce the natural space and ambient reverberation of a good sounding live room. The microphone's chassis is precision-tooled aluminum alloy with a dent resistant stainless-steel wire-mesh windscreen. The included shock-mount virtually eliminates vibration and handling noise, while at the same time safely securing the microphone in any position needed during the recording process.
- Active Ribbon Microphone
- Classic Ribbon Tone with Increased Output and Added Impedance Stability
- Dual ribbon Construction for Increased Sensitivity
- Wide Figure-8 Polar Pattern
- Integrated Yoke Style Stand Mount
- Requires Phantom Power to Operate
- Type: Active Ribbon
- Frequency Response: 20Hz -18kHz
- Sensitivity: -39dB (7.9 mv) dB re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 100 ohms
- S/N: 72dB, 1kHz at 1Pa
- Max SPL: 150dB SPL, 1kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Power Requirement: 48V DC, 3.0 mA typical
- Connection: 3-pin XLR-M
- Finish: Black Powdercoat with Black Chrome Accents
- Dimensions: 3.9 x 8.6 in / 100 x 216 mm
- Notes: Dimensions include attached yoke.
- Apex 787 Active Ribbon Microphone
- Vintage yoke-style microphone standmount
- Aluminum carry case