This new version of the Apex 210 retains all of its predecessor's features, specs and time-honored reliability while adding a fresh new black appearance. The Apex 210 Ribbon Microphone delivers the unique character and tone of the classic ribbon design at an unbelievable price, making the ribbon microphone available for the first time to the home studio enthusiast and project studio engineer.
The Apex 210B Ribbon Microphone has been engineered to deliver the unique character and tone of the classic ribbon design at an unbelievable price, making the ribbon microphone available for the first time to the home studio enthusiast and project studio engineer.
Generally considered to be the ideal microphone for vocals, solo instruments and any broadcast application, the classic ribbon microphone design boasts the most natural sounding audio capture available. Traditionally the ribbon microphone has remained exclusively in the realm of the large studio, until now.
The active element of the Apex 210B is a very thin corrugated aluminum ribbon mounted under low tension between the poles of a strong magnet. The asymmetrical figure-8 pickup pattern has an extended sweet spot on the rear face of the microphone allowing the recording to accurately reproduce the natural space and ambient reverberation of a good sounding live room with incredibly fast and accurate transient response and stunning realism. The Apex 210 ribbon microphone is ideal for today's direct to digital recordings.
Although ribbon microphones are by their nature extremely fragile, the Apex 210B can handle high sound pressure levels approaching 165dB range. The low-tension 2-inch long, 2-micron thick aluminum ribbon design offers audio reproduction with smooth, natural extended low and high frequency response. The Apex 210B is shipped with a custom designed aluminum carrying case. The integrated yoke mic stand mount and internal shock mount assembly protects the extremely fragile ribbon element during use.
- Classic ribbon microphone at an unprecedented price.
- Ideal microphone for vocals, solo instruments and any broadcast application.
- Asymmetrical figure-8 pickup pattern.
- Custom designed aluminum carrying case.
- Integrated yoke mic stand with internal shock mount assembly
- Type: Large Element Ribbon Microphone
- Ribbon type: Pure aluminum
- Polar Pattern(s): Asymmetrical Figure-8
- Frequency Response: 30 to 18,000Hz (+/- 3dB)
- Sensitivity: -55dB(0dB=1V/Pa)
- Impedance: <200 Ohms
- S/N Ratio: 70dB
- Max SPL: (For 1% THD @ 1000Hz) 165dB
- Equivalent Noise: (IEC 268 - 4 - A weighted) 18dB
- Mic Cable: 3-pin XLR standard cable (attached)
- Dimensions: 2.7 inches x 7 inches (68.5mm x 180mm)
- Weight: 31oz (870g)a
- Warranty: 1 Year Limited